Wednesday, June 14, 2017

WHISPER FOREVER by CA Harms #BookReview


WHISPER FOREVER by CA Harms is LIVE! 

Whisper Forever by C.A. Harms 
Contemporary Romance

I wanted to forget him so many times. Erase the memories we shared and pretend he didn’t exist. It would have made his absence easier to accept.
Lucas Rivers broke my heart more than once.

In my world he was my guy, the one I’d grow old with and laugh with. But things aren’t that simple, and time changes everything.

That naive girl with dreams of happily-ever-afters was gone.

I didn’t need a man to complete me. I was enough—no, I was more than enough. I was strong and determined. I was Madelyn Emery, and never again would a boy break my heart.

But the moment Lucas returned after four years, acting like we could pick up where we left off, that strength inside me shifted. The more I tried to ignore his efforts, the harder he fought.


How can one simple word whispered by one man mean so very much?
“Forever.”



REVIEW: 5 STARS
Whisper Forever has to be CA Harms' BEST BOOK YET! The feels, you guys, the feels!! 

I'm a sucker for second-chance romances and CA Harms nailed it. The anguish, the regret, the heartache: all there! The passion, the love, the chemistry...all very much present as well. Ah!! LOVED this book! LOVED IT and ended up reading it practically in one sitting!

"I sat there feeling as if I was seeing her for the very first time, and in a way I was. My Maddy was fucking beautiful. Only she wasn’t mine. She was his. Conversations went on around me, but I couldn’t comprehend a word. My chest was tight and I struggled to breathe evenly. The ache was so deep and crippling. My pulse raced, my mouth grew dry, and suddenly I felt like the ground had shifted beneath my feet. Just when I felt as if I was regaining some control, she turned toward the table where I was sitting and her eyes locked with mine."

Lucas and Maddy had been best friends since they were little. They knew each other like they knew themselves, but during high school, Lucas took a different path. He became the football star on the fast track to the NFL and their friendship suffered. What Lucas did not count on was having to cut those dreams short during college. Too short, in fact. Making his way back home was probably one of the hardest decisions he had to make. He was broken and CA Harms did a phenomenal job in portraying that through and through.

"Madelyn Rose Emery made coming home that much harder. She is and would always be my biggest regret. Maddy was the best part of Alvord, and I was just a stupid kid who figured that out far too late."

Maddy sure as shit did NOT expect to see Lucas at one of their local bars. Talk about a feeling-the-blood-drain-from-your-face type of shock! But that surprised feeling quickly took a back seat to anger and hatred, especially when Lucas started treating Maddy like nothing had changed...like he hadn't just abandoned her for the past few years. 

To say Lucas and Maddy had a rocky start to the re-kindling of their friendship would be an understatement. Maddy was feisty and sassy now and she did not take anyone's crap, especially Lucas'. But Lucas had learned his lesson. He already knew the pain of living without Maddy. He wasn't about to let that happen once more.

And then, things sure got HOT. Sizzling hot, to be exact. But just as I was starting to relax while reading because well, they were together finally, CA Harms had to throw in a little curve ball that made my heart HURT. Lucas' fear made me very antsy, not to mention sad! I felt his anguish, his concerns! The author truly developed very well the emotional side of this story where as a reader, I felt all the emotions these characters experienced. I was right there with them in their journey. 

Seriously, Whisper Forever was very well written and developed. I am in awe of this author's talent and cannot wait to see what else she brings our way! FIVE STARS and TOP recommendation!


C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.



HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment